Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day


From time to time when Ben and I are sitting we ask each other can you believe were parents, and you are a father and I am a mother, and we both still can't believe its real. It is so sureal that I am a mother, and on Sunday I couldn't believe that Ben and Sam were celebrating me. I am still amazed that Shawnee Mission let me leave with this adorable boy, but I am so lucky they did. This mothers day was near perfect, with Ben and Sam making me feel like a queen, Ben's mom was here to celebrate the only thing missing was my mother, but we were able to Skype with her in the morning and that made it as close to great as possible. Mother's day really allowed me a moment to reflect and soak in how lucky I am to have these two amazing men in my life. I was never the kind of girl that thought a smile from a child could melt your heart or that when your child cries it would bring you to tears, but they do and I wouldn't change it for the world. Samuel has changed me more than I ever imagined and he has helped me grow each day. Being a mother while challenging is the best thing I have ever done, and now I understand why people kept pushing us to have a child.
Three generations - Jeannette, Ben and Samuel
Hanging out at home with Samuel and Ben playing games all day is my new version of a perfect day.
Doesn't that smile just melt your heart? I used to think I was going to be the disciplinarian but if Samuel flashes one of these I think I could be in for trouble.

This week was another new adventure. Samuel wasn't sleeping very well (not that he was ever great at it) so we went to see our pediatrician, and got some exciting news. Samuel is teething!! He is getting his 2 bottom teeth and they should pop through in the next few weeks. However this is why he may be having difficulty sleeping, but at least we have an answer. Samuel also weighed 17lbs this week, gaining almost an ounce a day! Here is Samuel chewing on a frozen toothbrush to help with his teething, a trick my mom did with me. I think the bristles and cold feel good on his gums. Here he is chomping down.

No comments:

Post a Comment