Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thank Goodness for Technology

This weekend Samuel was able to meet his great grandmother via Skype. We all wish that Skype was an added visit in between face to face visits, but with us living so far apart we haven't been able to get together but we hope to make it to France soon. I have tried to get my family there to start using Skype but wasn't very successful until my dad got there this past week. So today Samuel was able to meet his great grandmother. In the past we have had to hold the computer away from him, or he will quickly disconnect the call, but today it was as if he knew this was someone new, and he sat and just babbled, smiled and looked at the screen. Samuel waved and walked to the camera too. This was a great moment for me to see, but was wonderful to see the smile on my grandmothers face. We hope this is just the start of many Skype sessions to come.
We had a fun weekend here, Samuel was able to play with his friend Ella on Saturday and they went to the pool and had a great time. My friend Sarah and I were watching the kids shivering and purple lips but they were determined to swim as long as we would let them. Samuel learned how to jump into the pool from the side, he would stand on the edge and get to excited/nervous and then finally jump off the side.Then Sam got to try pizza for the 1st time and I think he wondered why Ben and I had held out for so long. Ella pitched in and feed him the pizza and it was really cute to watch her feed him, he loved it.
Then today he was able to get to go and see Lauren and Sophia the twin girls down the block. Samuel was excited that they smiled for the 1st time when he arrived, he thinks they are remembering him so it was a great play date. Samuel used to love brushing his teeth, but these days we can try everything and he is like a steel trap. Here's a picture of me trying to get the toothbrush in for even a second.
Samuel also wants to wish his Jiji a Happy Birthday!!
The men of my life that I love more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment