Friday, January 22, 2010

One Month Old!!

Samuel is 1 month old today, I can't believe it. I feel like we were just at the hospital yesterday, however his clothes are telling us another story. On Monday, I had to pack away his first set of clothes that have now gotten to small. I tried to put him in a sleeper on Sunday night, one mind you that flooded him when he was born and now the pant legs only go to his knees. When people told me they grow quickly enjoy them little while you can, I never imagined it would be like this.
The last month has been one of the best of my life, I can't explain in words how Samuel has changed our lives, but how amazing it is to have him here. He has started smiling and when I catch a glimps of him smiling at me during the day it melts my heart. We still struggle as to who he looks like, some days he is defintiely Ben's son, and some days he looks more like me. The one he does look like every day is a little chipmunk with his chubby cheeks!
We also feel very lucky for our friends and family. Samuel has received so many great outfits and gifts, he is so lucky to have such great people in his life. Tonight was a great example, my dinner club group came over and each brought a premade dinner for us, that will allow me to not cook for the next week, AMAZING, and THANK YOU!!
Samuel is doing great, growing like a weed and starting to interact with us. He makes good eye contact, when he is not staring at his best friends "the lights" in our house, smiling, lifting his head (Dad even sings a song he made for Samuel to enjoy tummy time,) and starting to get a pretty good sleep schedule (well its predictable atleast.)
Samuel also found out he has some new friends on the way, we found out this week that 3 of our good friends are expecting their first baby, we are so excited for them and can't wait to the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment