Monday, February 1, 2010

Samuel Meets His Godmother

Each day I wake up and think about what Samuel and I will do for the day, and how I can help him grow. I worry more than I ever thought I would, is he growing at the right pace, is he getting enough to eat, is his development on target, etc. So it was nice this weekend when we went to our friends house that had not seen him in 3 weeks and the 1st thing they said was "Wow, he has grown so much since we saw him last" this was music to my ears.
Ella, their daughter who is now 3 was amazing with Samuel, she wanted to hold him all night (but her mother didn't want to share) and this picture is just the beginning of how sweet she was with him, she would come over and rub his head to check on him, or just give him a kiss on the forehead. We told Sarah that as soon as she will let her, we have found our 1st babysitter!


On Sunday Samuel's Godmother came to town to meet him for the 1st time. He loved spending time with her even if she did take time away from his best friends (the lights). Christy was great with him, and we are so excited that she and her fiance, Wade, also a great friend, have accepted to be Samuel's godparents. She spent the entire night with him and I don't think he made a peep all night with her.
Just today during our daily routine of feeding, tummy time, reading and color/smell activities, I needed to let Otis one of our pugs outside and so I left Samuel in the center of our bed on his stomach (1 of our 3 tummy times) and when I came back which couldn't be much more than 3 minutes he had rolled on his back. At 1st I thought I had left him that way, and then remembered I hadn't. After I came back in I tried to get him to do it again, with absolutely no success. Again, another one of the little things that makes me smile. While I understand this was probably just luck, I can't wait to do it again while I am actually in the room.

Finally, Samuel wants to wish Denny, his newest Grandfather a
VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment