Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bitter Sweet

This week was the beginning of the end or as I am trying to look at it, a new beginning. I went back to work this week. While I don't think I have done anything harder in my life I did in fact leave Samuel with a good friend of mine. Erica is one of the best mothers I know, and I trust her completely which made leaving Sam even possible, but no less difficult. She almost had to push me out the door, with a box of tissue just so I would go to work. The days were actually pretty good, it felt good to challenge myself in a work environment again. With all of that, I still texted Erica all the time. From what she said Samuel was an angel, here is a picture of him with Luke one of her sons. He loves her boys!!
Her boys played with Sam, told him stories and truly entertained him for the entire time! Ever since Sam was with them he has begun talking more and more. Sam has always been a good babbler but it has been taken to the next level since he listened to Luke and Jack. Even with how difficult it was, I am so lucky to have 7 more weeks to actually bridge back into full-time work which is such a blessing. I am hoping and believing that with each passing day I work it will get a little easier.
During my time at home we have been doing LOTS of tummy time. Now that Sam can roll over back to his stomach he wants to be there all the time and he has begun to reach out for things especially on his gym mat (depth perception is not a skill we have learned yet) and really lift up. I try to hold things out for him to look at and grab, but what he really likes is to look at pictures in his books, here he is looking at Little Red Riding Hood.
Then this weekend we made our 1st trip up to Omaha. We had a great time. Samuel was able to meet so many of mom and dads friends, and see the city where his Dad grew up. Sam was a perfect little guy all weekend even with moving his schedule. It was so fun to watch him see all of these new places and people, it seemed like with each new place his eyes got bigger and bigger. We were also curious how Sam would sleep in a new place and he did great. Both nights he fell asleep on his own right on schedule! And just like our last trip he slept almost the entire car ride. Looks like we have a good little traveler which is good for mom and dad since we love to travel. Here is Sam in his finest digs for our friends wedding, being a ladies man!
And me with my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment