Monday, July 5, 2010

2 Is Better Than 1 for the Levys

For as long as I can remember I have been a pretty independent person (type A) that can handle most things thrown my way, but these past 2 weeks really put me to the test. As I wrote on an earlier post, Ben spent the last 2 weeks in Europe with some buddies. This was a great trip for Ben and I am so glad he had the opportunity to do this with his friends, and it made me see appreciate even more all he does for Sam and I. Sam and I had some great bonding time, did really fun things, and Sam slept through the night with no night wakings for half of the time Ben was gone. But, I also want to give a SHOUT OUT to all the single mothers out their raising a child or children, holding down a job and doing so much more everyday, YOU AMAZE ME! I don't think I ever appreciated enough what my mother did and so many other mothers do every day, I am in awe of how they do it all. So having the 2 of us is always better than us going it alone, and Sam's 2nd tooth was easier than the 1st! Here is a picture where you can see the two teeth peeking out.
The 4th of July 2010 was very different from years past at Okoboji for so many reasons. Last year I was dancing on a barge doing "La Bomb Shots" (mine was water!) and the year before dancing on what seemed like a Yacht with all my girlfriends to "Lollipop and I kissed a girl" over and over. For as long as I can remember I have been going to Okoboji for the 4th with friends and not having a care in the world, going anywhere, staying out all night and doing it again the next day, but this year I was in bed every night by midnight. How different life has changed in just one year with our little bambino, but I wouldn't change it for the world. It was just as great to have the kids over to our house and have a BBQ at home. Two of my friends that came are currently expecting and so it was a great night to sit outside have a good meal and spend time with catching up with everyone.
Sam tries to copy everything big kids do it is so cute!
Isaac is such a sweet boy, he gave Sam hugs and kisses all night.
While it was a great trip getting there was less than enjoyable. Sam no longer likes to be in his car seat, because I think he gets too hot and he can't see anything because he is leaning back so far. So needless to say the 5 1/2 hour trip took us 7 hours and Sam didn't sleep until the last hour. So I thought I would share, that while I was about to pull my hair out because I couldn't do anything to help Sam on the car ride, Ben was at the Clifts of Mohr overlooking one of the most beautiful places! (Where is the justice in that!)
The real reason I made the trip to Okoboji this year was for Papa and Nana to get to spend time with Sam. Soon (my step-mom) hadn't met Sam yet, and it had been 3 months since my dad had seen Sam. They had a really good time together and I think Sam did all he could to make them come visit more often. Sam loved the boat rides, getting the wind on his face and little splashes of water on his face too. I think he is a natural and going to be spending many future 4th's here in Okoboji!
My dad and Sam watching a soccer match, they were both glued to the screen.
Sam sitting on the boat ready for a ride.
Sam in 1 of his 2 life jackets that he hated, he used this one as a chew toy!
His other life jacket that tipped him over it was so heavy and went right up into his cheeks.
Papa with his co-captain!
3-generations of Frigo's
Nana playing with Sam
Sam with his Nana and Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment