Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Growing Up Fast

Being with Sam everyday sometimes makes me not notice the subtle changes occurring with our little man each day. When my mom got down here she couldn't believe how much he has changed just since she saw him last. But what she said hadn't changed was that he still looks like a minnie version of his father!
So when, we went to the doctor it was no surprise that she thought and so did the scale that he had grown. Sam weighs 18lbs 6oz (70th percentile) and 27inches long (75th percentile.) What is really funny is that his head is in the 90%, hope its not just filled with hot air!! The pediatrician told us Sam is right on track and progressing really well with his movements, he even took four or five steps towards her while we were there. Sam is a pretty serious little guy but he smiled and giggled with her the whole time. She told us that his verbal development is what we will notice more over the next 3 months and that he should be able to say ma-ma and da-da by then. While I had read that it was affirming to have her tell me that. That is so exciting, I think I will melt the day I hear Sam look at me and say ma-ma.
Don't those look like some healthy (i.e. Chubby) legs!!
My mom has been here for the week and they have been going non-stop. Swimming in his new pool, playing with his new toys, reading books, standing with adult support (only for a minute or two), and pulling himself up from sitting! He loves spending time with his grandma. We really appreciate her coming down for the week. Here are some pictures from their week. We are off to Okoboji tomorrow to see Papa (my dad) and some friends. We are really looking forward to it.
Grandma never comes without a new book for Sam (I think he is beginning to expect it)
Sam playing with his new animals - Its a Noah's ark 2 of everything!
Sam in his new baby pool, which is already to small. When my mom put him on his stomach he started kicking and he was pushing on the end of the pool.
(That's what I get for buying something at Target!! Why didn't I go to Walmart??)

1 comment:

  1. I love these new pics. It is great to see how he's grown, just from pics (since it can't be in person). Maybe you should reconsider bringing him to the wedding so that we can all see him again!!!

    ReplyDelete