Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's a BOY!!






We are having a BOY! I think we are both still in shock. We went in on Friday and just as we told our sonographer that we wanted to know the sex little Levy showed us he was a boy. The sonographer and my physician told us we have a show off and better get prepared. We were amazed by all the things we could see and found out that he is right on track. We included pictures of his little feet and profile, but as usual he was moving the entire time. They told me that if he continues to be this active I am in for a real ride as soon as I begin to feel it.
As soon as we left we called all of our family and everyone is thrilled, but not surprised, if you were like them you thought it was a boy the entire time. All of the signs that I read told me I was having a girl like morning sickness, cravings and others sure had me fooled because I was certain it was a girl. We then went to look for our first baby boy outfit, no surprise a Chicago Cubs tee. We looked but were unsuccessful, and Ben would not allow us to buy a KC Royals outfit as that may test the gods of baseball and not make our son a Cubs fan. Lucky for us as soon as we got home my friend Katie was here with a present, and sure enough she found us a Cubs baby tee in Chicago where she lives. It was perfect, thanks Katie for knowing exactly what we were thinking of.

Now that we know we are having a boy the true adventure can begin. We had settled on a girls name and now are back to square one as far as names go and are so much more challenging for us than girls names. Yesterday, Ben and I spent close to 6 hours looking at baby furniture around the city, and today we went and ordered the furniture for little Levy's room. Thanks to Baby bargins we got exactly what we were looking for. Ben's favorite part is that they come to the house and assemble the furniture for $10. I think he was a little worried on how it would turn out if he had to do it himself.

At the beginning of this week I never knew it could turn out this great. We are beyond the moon that we are having a son. Ben has been talking about all the things he will get to do with his son and all of his friends have talked about how this means a left handed pitcher for the major leagues! I think they are imagining (hoping) for a Cy Young by 20 years old. Just knowing that baby Levy is a boy makes this entire experience more real and I feel so much closeer to my son than I ever thought I could. I can't even imagine what it will be like when he is born. Thanks for all of your messages and love we feel so blessed to have all of you in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment