Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week 21

I did it. I went and registered this weekend and wow what a new world we have entered. I was really lucky to have a girlfriend of mine come with me or I may have backed out due to shear fear of the entire process. When you get married you know the things you would like or need, but when it comes to registering for a baby I really had no clue. There are 20 different pacifiers alone and how should I know which is best or the one our baby will like. With the help of Erica I was able to navigate through and hopefully register for the critical items. A word for future mothers, NEVER register on a Saturday unless you want to be surrounded with 50 other women looking just as overwhelmed and confused as you and will only add to your anxiety!!
For the past 5 months when people find out that I am pregnant they tend to ask the same three questions. All are sincere and wonderful to show they care but unfortunately I have pretty dull answers. The first is how far along are you, and people seem surprised that I have already passed 5 months. The next two questions are usually how are you feeling, you must be finished with the feeling sick and nautious period, and are you having any cravings. I am waiting for the day that I can tell people that I am feeling great but I am not there. Most days, I am still getting sick on and off throughout the day. I envy but am so happy for all the women that don't have to go through this. I guess I dread this question because I don't want to sound like a complainer, or that this nausea isn't worth the great gift of our son, because it is more than worth it. I do hope it ends soon, but as many of you know I have come to terms that it may be 4 more months of this but it will end.

The last question people ask is are you having any cravings. I think I may be in the minority, but I think "cravings" are a myth. I do like to eat more, and have used this as an excuse to eat an extra cookie at night but they are not cravings. Eating pickles with peanut butter or ice cream with ketchup sounds horrible and I don't know why pregnancy would make it taste better. So for everyone that asks, I have not had any cravings unless just eating more of what I love is a craving.

Thank you for everyone for your care and support I do love the questions but always laugh that my responses are so dull and not more positive. I am leaving for France this week to see my family, so it may be a couple of weeks before I can write again, but will try and take some great family pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment