Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rock -n- Roll

Samuel turned 6-months old this week, which is just amazing to us. My cousin came to visit this weekend and I was showing her pictures of Sam and it is amazing how little he was back then. People have always told me to cherish every minute, and I feel I do, but when looking at pictures I can't believe some of it is already gone. I loved the days when he would just fall asleep on my chest, but it is just as great to watch his rock-n-roll (crawling attempts) now. Sam is a determined little fella and when he sets his mind on something he is going to get there one way or another. If he sees a toy, or one of the dogs on the ground in his eye sight his mind is made up he is going to get there. Unfortunately for him, it has been pretty challenging, when he tries to crawl he actually moves backwards. It's funny to go in his room after just a few minutes and he will be backed up almost against the wall. So, as I said he is determined so he has now begun the rock-n-roll where he gets up on his hands and toes rocks back and forth and then rolls over, and somehow he eventually gets to his toy.
Ben and Sam had their longest one-on-one time to date this week. I was gone from Monday to Thursday and they did fantastic, I on the other hand couldn't get home quick enough. Then Ben left for Europe so we needed to have a babysitter to cover while we were both gone. We found a new local babysitter and she is great. She watched Sam for the day we were both gone and he really seemed to like her. She goes to college on a singing scholarship and when I came home she was singing "Old McDonald had a Farm" and It sounded better than the CD. I told her she can't keep doing that or when I try to sing to him he will begin to cry!
My cousin Taylor came to KC this weekend to check out if she would be interested in moving here. Sam and I were prepared to show her the best this city has to offer. She hadn't met Sam yet either, so they were able to spend some quality time together. She has little animal voices she can do and Sam thought they were great, he would laugh out loud each time she did it. As she left today, she said she was surprised how great KC was and really may consider moving here. We would love to have family move to KC. Grandma is here now with us and maybe we can persuade her to move to KC too!!
Sam also graduated into a new food. We stuck with the carrots all week even though he protested through most of it. We tried sweet potatoes today and it was the complete opposite. He liked them so much he even sucked on his bib for about 10 minutes after we were finished just to get the last taste (or so I like to believe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment