Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baby Moon


Waking up at 10am and laying by a pool all day soaking up the sun are soon to become days of our past. This past weekend Ben and I took our final trip as empty nesters. We went to Naples for 4 amazing days. It is sureal that these times are ending. For the last 5+ years it has just been Ben and I day in and day out. We spent the last 4 days relaxing, pampering ourselves and doing all the things we know we won't get to do as frequently when Little Levy arrives. We ate at "adult" restaurants that don't carry high-chairs or have kids meals, that barely have enough light to see your food. The trip was all we could have asked for and more, but surprisingly all we could think about were the exciting times to come. Taking Little Levy out to the pool, having him see the Gulf of Mexico, and building sand castles until his hearts content. While we will both miss having our one on one time and relaxing without a care in the world, we are even more excited for what will come when he arrives.
Before we left we had another surprise. Last week I was diagnosed with the H1N1 flu. I finally went to the doctor when I thought I had broken a rib from coughing so hard. This was not something I thought would happen, but was able to get some medicine and began feeling better quickly. If you are at all able GET THE FLU SHOT!! It wasn't so bad except for the cough that wouldn't go away. As is becoming custom in our house, Ben took great care of me, and lets me see how great of a dad he will be in the very near future.

1 comment: