Sunday, November 1, 2009

Starting to Practice

This week we had another check up and everything is right on track with Little Levy. We are really glad things are starting to calm down a few weeks ago we weren't sure we would get to this point with how busy Little Levy was keeping us, but we made it to 32-weeks. In my mind and when talking to friends this is the point in that I felt if we could get Little Levy to he could do the rest. His heart rate was 142 and seems to be growing at a good pace (no not too large).
On Thursday my friends that I play volleyball with threw me a mini surprise baby shower. It was a lot of fun and really sweet of them. I can't believe that with 8 of 10 of them being guys they could do such a great job, but my friend Anita told me she rained them in or I probably would have gotten a 6 pack of beer. Thanks everyone I love it all especially the "butt paste."

This week is the first week in months Ben and I have both been at home and not had company. We were able to go to a wedding of some good friends of ours and relax for the rest. I have started reading my baby books about what to expect when Little Levy arrives. I can only read for a little bit before I get to anxious and have to put the book down. These books have great tips and insight but they also scare me with how little I know and after about 30 pages I have to put them down and Ben reminds me we will be just fine. Below is a picture of "James" Ben's cabbage patch doll as a kid that I pulled out of the closet today to use as a practice baby. YES, we are practicing with a fake baby or better I am practicing and I think Ben thinks I have lost my mind. Within the first 10 seconds both of our dogs started sniffing James feet and couldn't figure out what I was holding. Then I tried to swaddle the baby (which I am definitely not a natural at) and the dogs wanted to sit on the blanket and be wrapped up with James. But, it was cute to see the dogs sniff James head and then get down and sit right beside me like they were trying to protect James and I.

Overall, things are coming togehter and we are great. We are getting really excited to meet Little Levy and can't believe he will be here in just around 50 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment