Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Nursery

THE NURSERY IS COMPLETE!!! Each day beyond 34 weeks has been a victory for Ben and I. We are thrilled to be writing a post at home on the Sunday past our 35th week. We couldn't be more excited to meet little Levy but are really happy he has decided to stay put for a little longer.
This was my last week of travel for work, and I am over the moon that it is done. Driving and flying were getting to be too much, but the idea of not leaving Kansas City for atleast the next 2-3 months seems crazy. I don't think I have done that in the 4 years we have lived in Kansas City. This weekend was perfect it was the most relaxing weekend I have had in months, and I loved it. We saw the years best movie on Friday "The Blind Side" and then went to a nice dinner just the two of us. We spent Saturday finishing our shopping for little Levy and putting together all of the wonderful items he will need once he is here. I was amazed at how handy Ben has become, while I could barely get the batteries in the monitors.
The room is done and we have put together the swing, and loaded our car seats. I am scared to say it, but I think we are ready!!
I have included pictures of the nursery for all of you to see. It turned out better than we expected. We have one empty wall as you will see from the pictures and this is four our first family pictures and other pictures of little Levy in his first few days. I hope you like the nursery and if you look closely you can see the name we have selected for little Levy's. Even though he could be here in just a few weeks it will probably be some time before he spends too much time in his new room.

Only 8 days left of work, I'm excited but somewhat unsure what I will do with my time. I have not had this much time off from working since I was 14. I think Ben will probably hide my computer and turn off my phone to help me relax and focus on whats really important during this time. We hope everyone has a great Turkey day with friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. The nursery is amazing! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing nursery! He is going to love it:) I'm so happy you have made it this far, YEAH. Enjoy your time off of work!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete