Sunday, December 6, 2009

Full Term - 37 Weeks

So according to all the books and information 37-42 weeks is considered full term, so we have made it. I can't believe 37 weeks have gone by, and at most we have 23 days left to meet little Levy.
We took our final class this week on how to feed little Levy, so hopefully we have all of the essential information. We also did our hospital registration and tour. Shawnee Mission is really a great place, and so supportive during this time. Ben and I keep thinking we should have to pass an exam before all of this happens to determine if we are really ready. "Have they met us. do they know Ben has never changed a diaper?"
My last day of work was Friday, and I still don't think it has set in that I have the next four and a half months off. I am excited to have these next few weeks to relax and hopefully get through some of the reading I have been procrastinating. I still can't believe how fortunate I am to have this time off and to be able to spend it with our new son.
We had another doctors appointment this week and things are moving along. It still could be 23 days but she said it could be sooner. Last night when we thought Nebraska had won the big 12 championship I jumped so high in the air I thought I had for sure induced labor on my own. I had to sit down for a while to catch my breath and realize it was just little Levy having his own little party. A Husker fan so early, really makes his dad proud.
So all of you have patiently waited for this picture, and like I promised it is a doozy. If you took a woman's basketball and put it under your shirt we could probably be twins.

1 comment: