Sunday, February 21, 2010

2 Months Old!!

Samuel turned 2 months old today. I can't believe how quickly the last 60 days have gone. Tomorrow is our 2 month appointment and I am so excited to see how much he weighs and how much he has grown, but I am not looking forward to him getting his 1st round of shots I am sure he will do just fine, but I am nervous about how I will handle it. Cross your fingers for a successful visit. I have included some pictures of our favorite activities (bath time, tummy time, and looking at our black and white photos) over the last 2 months.
Last night, was Ben and I's first night out since Samuel was born and I can't begin to tell you how excited I was, but how tough it ended up being. We went to dinner and a movie and couldn't have been gone more than 5 hours but it felt like days to me, I think I checked my phone 50 times to make sure I hadn't missed a call, and even texted Denny just to make sure they didn't need us to come home. I can't believe what I would have done had it not been my mother watching him. I never thought I would be like this or worry so much, thankfully Ben made me feel better and reminded me this is ok and just my motherly instinct. When we got home Samuel was in his pj's ready for bed and didn't seem to have even noticed we were gone. We were able to go out because my mother and Denny came to visit this weekend. I am so glad they were finally able to come, they have tried 3 previous weekends and have not made it due to the horrible weather they have had this winter. When my mother visits she usually wants to know everything that has happened since last time she saw us, or tells us about the current events in Sioux Falls (usually for the 3rd time) but not on this trip. I don't think that Samuel was put down for more than ten minutes the entire time she was here. Hearing people talk is really good for Sam right now, and he sure got an ear full. My mom sang nursery rhymes, told him stories of me as a kid, played alphabet games, talked about the weather, you name it and she talked to him about it. Sam had such a great time with his Grandmother, I am sad that it had been so long since he had seen her. Both my mom and I hope that this is the longest Sam ever has to go without seeing her, we plan to see each other every month if possible (weather permitting.) Thanks Mom for a wonderful weekend.
Now, we know Sam is only 2 months old, but my mother just brought us a book to teach me how to puree Sam's food when he gets old enough. We have decided to make our own food for Sam. This cookbook has amazing recipes, I just hope they can match up to Gerber!! So in the months to come as I try these recipes out I will let you know first if this adventure is a success, and which recipes are a hit with our little guy! Ben and the little guy in their daily routine! Sam after his favorite time of the day, Bath time!! Sam sleeping in his bed for the 1st time. Mom and Sam looking at our black and white pictures. Samuel resting with his best buds!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, seriously.,..these are the cutest pictures ever! I love reading about Sam's life! You and Ben are wonderful parents. I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love these pictures! The ones with the dogs are hilarious! Funny how animals are with babies!

    ReplyDelete