Sunday, February 14, 2010

My New Valentine

Samuel is only 8 weeks old and already has stolen the ladies hearts. Sam is celebrating his 1st Valentine's day and he has already got his 1st Valentine. Sonia, a great friend came down to meeet Sam this weekend, and he was smitten with her. He even got her a little valentine. They had fun, talking and looking at the stars (what we call our lights in our house) together all weekend. Ben and I have never been big Valentine's day people but I have to admit if there is anyone that could steal my heart it is Samuel. He is beginning to smile when I talk to him (be it only on occasion) and to make sounds back to me as well, and I can't believe how in love I could be with my child and how with the smallest thing he melts my heart. Ben has definitely met his match!
Samuel also had two other visitors this weekend from Omaha. Karen and Andy Mullin came to meet the little guy. When uncle Andy comes to visit Homer, and Otis normally get pretty spoiled but this trip was a different story and the dogs were jealous. We loved having them here and wish we lived closer so we could get together more often. We hope they have a little Mullin soon so the dad's can have play dates during their summers off from teaching.
On Thursday this week, we had Linda our "Parents as Teachers" advisor come for her 1st visit. This program is so amazing for new mothers. In the 2 hours she spent at our house I felt like I learned so much, and when she left I feel a big weight had been removed from my shoulders. She helped me weigh pros and cons of daycare, development and many other topics I have not had answers to through the internet, books or friends. She also brought activities for me to work on with Samuel over the next 6 weeks until we see her again. She also shared that Sam has great vision, can see 6+ feet away which is great and has a really strong neck and back (tummy time is paying off.) And finally, for all of you that read my previous blog where I shared that Sam had rolled over, I asked Linda if that was possible or if I had lost my mind and she shared with me that because of the surface he was on that he probably got his head turned and because that is 1/3 of his weight he flipped himself over. She said I wasn't crazy but should probably expect it will be a few weeks before it happens again.
For all of those Sappy, Valentine's Day loving people out there, I hope you have a great day....
Here is what is melting my heart this year

No comments:

Post a Comment