Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Into the Wild

Two weeks ago Samuel and I went to Minneapolis to spend time with my Dad, Samuels Papa. We decided to fly there, since the last long drive Sam and I took alone didn't turn out so good, and I am glad we did, it was a easy and quick Sam slept on both flights. We went a day early to spend some time with Samuels godparents. Sam showed Christy and Wade all of his tricks and even tried to show them a new trick - standing with no assistance. He can stand for about 5-10 seconds at most and then he realizes he is not holding onto anything and falls flat on his butt. It is really cute to watch and even funnier that he gets up and does it all over.
Sam got a fun new toy from Christy and Wade and I want to thank them, as it gave him hours of entertainment on our ride into the wild (Northern Minnesota.)
My Dad invited Sam and I to go to Northern Minnesota with him on an award trip he won with his work. Soon was unable to go, and we were excited to fill in for her. Because of their hotel my dad doesn't get a lot of time to come down and see Samuel so this was a great opportunity for them to get time together just the two of them. We went on a boat ride, golfed for the 1st time for Samuel and my father, and even got to see an Elvis show! It was great to see the two of them together and I think it was really hard for my dad to drop us at the airport.
Samuel so happy to be with his Papa.
Elvis!!
We have been really busy and while we were on our trip Samuel got very little sleep and we learned our little guy needs his sleep. Since Samuel was born he has been such a good little boy and rarely makes a peep and even when he does if you pick him up he has always stopped. So last week when Samuel cried 3 separate times and nothing soothed him I knew we had a problem. We learned that Samuel was experiencing night terrors. While these rarely occur in kids under a year all of the symptoms matched it perfectly. I feel awful that he has these and the doctor told us there is NOTHING I can do to help them, and I should only make sure he doesn't hurt himself. But as much as I can't help him, I have learned that sleep deprivation can cause these, so we are really focusing on Sam getting enough sleep. And sure enough once we got home and back on his schedule, no more night terrors YEAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment