Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mr. Adventure and the Imitator

Each day with Samuel is an adventure but over the past few weeks Samuel has turned into Mr. Adventure. Sam has to touch everything, crawl to anything that is in the room, pull himself up where possible and now he has begun trying to stand in his crib and in the bathtub. Sam has learned to stand up alone when he holds onto something and he thinks its the greatest thing. I love that he likes to try new things and it is so cute when he gets frustrated and knows its possible but can't seem to get it. At times I get nervous and try to help him or not let him fall, but I am trying to let him do it on his own so he can learn. I think this is just the start, boys love to try anything and everything. I can't imagine the things he will try when he can walk and run, but it is so much fun.
Samuel had a good week, but yet another week with a lot of time inside. The weather here has been so warm that we haven't been able to go to the park, pool or our daily walks which is a bummer because those are some of his favorite things. I hope it cools down soon so we can get back to our activities. But we have decided to make sure regardless of the weather, Sam is going to get to swim. We are signing him up for indoor swimming lessons, the class is called "Seahorses" that will be twice a week for 2 months. If what we have seen is any indication, we think he is going to love it.
Over the 4th of July one of my friends noticed that every time I fed Sam I would open my mouth to try and get him to imitate what I was doing. After she brought this to my attention I began to pay attention to it and now realize that I do it all the time. If I want Sam to smile, I smile big, if I want him to open his mouth I do it. Every time it happens now I start to laugh and then Sam starts to laugh, (is it possible he already knows how crazy his mother is?!) So, if you are lucky enough to see Sam while he is trying to eat, you will also get a free show to the imitator.
Sam tried fruit for the 1st time this week and we finally have a winner, he ate the entire bowl with no frowns or tears. I think he is a sugar fan just like his daddy!
I had to include more bath pictures because they are so cute, and really his favorite time of the day.
Sam loves trying to kick and being on his stomach in the tub
Here he is contemplating how to get out of the tub, what you don't see is that after the picture he tries to take his arm and grab the side of the tub, misses and then splashes into the water, and then repeats the entire process.
Sam has 2 new friends this week, Luke Paul Allen and Evelyn Beninato. Congratulations to both families such exciting news!

1 comment:

  1. I see a future swimmer and boater! So fun to see him being adventurous and trying new things. I bet you are so proud!

    ReplyDelete