Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Decade - New Joys

I used to dread the idea of turning 30 or actually leaving my 20's, but it came this week and it was one of the best ever. I can truly say with all of my heart that I am the happiest I have ever been. My birthday was filled with friends, family, Ben and the greatest new joy in my life Samuel. Ben really made this day special, by doing things not from him but from Sam, it was so sweet even though he had no idea he was doing it. Here is a cute picture of the these special guys.
I also got to go to the Black Eyed Peas concert with friends and it was a great show and a fun night out with the girls. If these first few days of my 30's are any indication, I think this may be the best decade yet! Thanks to all the ladies for making this a great day.
So back to Samuel, since thats what this blog is all about. We had our 2nd parents as teachers appointment this week and it went great. Samuel is right on track, and doing lots of things that I would not have noticed. It is great that she is able to identify things that to me don't seem like they are anything and she can say that they are beginnings on him talking, standing and rolling from his back to his front. She also gave us some great advice in planning for our trip to the Bahamas. I know she has only been here twice but I am already considering calling her our little angel. Sam got a new play gym for his 3-month birthday and as you can see he is still trying to figure it out.
My mom also came down to visit this weekend, it was a great visit. Each time she leaves it is harder and harder to say goodbye. We have always known that our dogs loved Grandma more than us, but it seems she has a new big fan in Samuel. She brought him this cool new book that has 16 books inside of it each one its own nursery rhyme, and she must have read it to him a hundred times. He loves watching her because she talks to him non-stop, about everything and he just eats it up. Here is a cute picture of all of them sleeping together.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo happy the 30th birthday was fabulous! Love the pics of Samuel with Ben and your mom! Can't wait to meet him in T - 13 days and see YOU!!

    ReplyDelete